Welcome! We are honoured that you are interested in joining us for an immersive experience in
nature, community, and medicine. The following Terms and Conditions have been designed as a result of our practical experience and serve to prepare our guests for a positive and safe experience in ceremony and in a program as a whole.
The ayahuasca used at the Pachamama Temple is an Amazonian decoction of the vine
banisteriopsis caapi (ayahuasca) and the leaves of the shrub psychotria viridis (chacruna).
We do not use any other plants in our ayahuasca. The healers and facilitators administering
the ayahuasca will use their discretion to adjust the dose for each participant.
The effects of ayahuasca may include temporary changes in your perception of reality and
way of thinking, visions (of abstract motifs or clearly identifiable images and scenarios),
heightened negative and positive emotions, access to detailed memories that you had
forgotten, paranormal phenomena, the emergence of fears or difficult emotions (some of
which may be associated with blockages in the body causing pain and tension), introspection,
and perinatal or transpersonal experiences (in which you may experience your own death
On a physical level, you may experience nausea, vomiting, chills, tingling, ringing in the ears,
dizziness, diarrhea, tremors, sweating, ataxia, and, in rare cases, fainting. Sometimes,
especially if you have not drunk ayahuasca before, you may not notice any visionary effects.
If that happens, it does not mean the ayahuasca is not having an effect on other levels.
The ayahuasca experience is not linear, but rather it passes through different phases, some
more pleasant, even euphoric, and others more difficult. Ayahuasca works to integrate
unresolved aspects from the past that have arisen typically from trauma, emotional loss,
neglect, abuse, and general emotional and psychological difficulties. During and after
ceremonies it is not uncommon to experience emotional, psychological, and physical
discomforts, which are typically symptoms of the healing process as ayahuasca helps you to
integrate issues from the past that have been trapped in your system.
The healers and facilitators are committed to protecting your physical and emotional
security, integrity, and privacy throughout the process, and intend to provide you with the
psychological and physical support you need during the preparation phase, the ceremonies
themselves, and the period afterwards. We have an emergency protocol and commit to
provide any necessary support should the need arise.
Working with ayahuasca is not a substitute for medical, psychiatric, or psychotherapeutic
treatment, but may complement a therapeutic process and facilitate personal development.
If you are currently receiving treatment of any kind or taking any medication, you must
provide the full details of your situation prior to booking a program.
If you agree to participate in a program at the Pachamama Temple, you will be
required to complete a medical form and questionnaire. You must answer all questions
honestly and to disclose any relevant personal information about your health.
Your participation in the ceremonies is entirely voluntary and very appreciated whether you decide to drink or not the medicine. However, you must follow the instructions of the facilitators and healers at all times so that your safety is not jeopardised. The healers and facilitators may, at any time, decide to exclude you from participation in a ceremony for any perceived impairment in your physical or psychological health that risks leading to problems for you during the ceremony, or if you do not meet the requirements for participation for any other reason.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you also agree to the following Declaration,
wherein “I” refers to “You”, the participant in the program.
You will be required to sign a copy of the following Declaration and Terms and Conditions
upon arrival at the Pachamama Temple.
I am aware that participation in a program and ceremonies at the Pachamama Temple involves the use of ayahuasca and various Amazonian medicinal plants, which are traditionally used in the Amazon rainforest for shamanic healing.
I understand that taking these plants may involve emotional, psychological, and
physical reactions, and I agree to take part and abide by the Terms and Conditions in
this document and any other instructions given orally or in writing.
I declare that I am choosing to participate of my own free will and have not been
coerced into participating in a program by the organizers or by any other person. The
decision to participate is mine alone, and is based on my own personal assessment of
the effects, the exclusion criteria, the potential risks and benefits, the focus of the
ceremonies, and the team at the Pachamama Temple.
The Pachamama Temple has explained to me what to expect from the program and how it is intended to proceed. I am aware that I can ask questions about the
ceremonies at any time and can change my mind about drinking the medicine at any time before the ceremonies begin.
I agree to answer all questions honestly during the screening process and understand that I must complete all medical questionnaires and respond to all follow up questions
in order to participate in a program. I agree to provide all relevant information regarding my medical history, mental and physical health, and any other information that may serve to protect my health during this process.
I have made the confidential disclosures requested by the Organizer and these are honest and accurate regarding my needs and condition(s). I understand that these will be kept in the strictest confidence. I reiterate my understanding of this by signing this form.
I accept full responsibility for participating in a program and in ceremonies at the
I understand and agree that I can be excluded from participation in a program or ceremony at the discretion of the facilitator.
Terms and Conditions
This agreement is between the Pachamama Temple (the Organizer) and You (the Participant).
By booking a program at the Pachamama Temple you agree to all the following
- The Participant agrees to take part in ayahuasca and medicinal plant ceremonies with the Organizer, has been advised that ayahuasca is a visionary plant, and is clear on the meaning of this.
3.The Participant understands that they may feel worse (mentally, physically, emotionally) during or after as part of their process working with ayahuasca.
- The Organizer will do their utmost to ensure the safety and comfort of the Participant within the remit of the program. The Participant, in turn, agrees to exercise caution and consideration for themselves and for others during this event, and indemnifies the Organizer against claims for injury or loss.
- The Participant agrees to respect all individuals at all times. Overt negativity or disruptive negativity detracts from the experience of the others.
- The Organizer reserves the right to expel any individual who is acting in an excessively negative manner or disrupting the group, staff, and/or shamans, without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the Temple. Those actions includes but are not limited to:
- Sexual harassment of any guests or staff (zero tollerance).
- Actions endangering your own or others safety
- Persistent disruptive behaviour affecting other guests comfort or healing process
- Use of any substances or drugs at the Center, except for tobacco
- Any form of theft
- If a Participant’s behaviour presents a threat to the safety of themselves or others, the Organiser reserves the right to physically restrain the Participant and/or expel them from the program without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the Temple. Restraint will be conducted as gently as possible and with respect for the dignity of the Participant.
- If the Participant is found to possess prescription drugs that have not been approved by the Organizer prior to their arrival, street drugs, or alcohol, the Organizer reserves the right to deny them entry to the Temple and/or the program or expel them from the program without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the Temple.
- Sexual activity between Participants and/or staff is prohibited. This includes married couples. Should a Participant develop a sexual or romantic interest in another person, any sexual contact/activity must be delayed for two weeks after the last ceremony. It is not a moral or philosophical boundary but prevents the potentially dangerous crossing of energetic fields, which can result from sexual behaviour while engaged in ayahuasca ceremonies. The Participant agrees to maintain sexual abstinence for the entire period of the program as well as two weeks before (preparation) and after the program (integration).
- The Participant, prior to entry into this Agreement, agrees to obtain health or medical advice as to the effect of plants singly and in combination with any medication they are taking.
- The Participant agrees that they are in a physical and mental condition appropriate to the activities described in this program and agrees to participate at their own risk. The responsibility for taking accurate and timely health precautions and professional medical advice is with the Participant.
- The Participant agrees to full disclosure with Organizer, in writing, regarding their health history, medical conditions, and any medications they are taking, prior to Booking.
- The Participant agrees to notify the Organizer of any change in their medical circumstances and understands that withholding medical information could be dangerous to their health.
- The Organizer is not responsible for the personal decision of any guest to stop taking medication or change their medication schedule, and accepts no liability for any adverse effects from withdrawal from any medication.
- The Participant confirms that they have not been diagnosed with any psychotic disorder, including schizophrenia, schizophreniform, schizoaffective, delusional, or bi-polar disorder.
- The Participant understands and agrees to adhere strictly to the required diet, drug, and pharmacological restrictions required by the Temple for at least two weeks prior to the first ceremony and for at least four weeks following the last ceremony. The three most fundamental restrictions are street drugs (cocaine, ecstasy, amfetamine, LSD, etc.), sexual activity, and pork.
- If the Participant does not adhere to these Terms and Conditions as well as all restrictions required by the Temple, the Organizer will not be held liable for the consequences (which can be severe psychological and energetic damage), and reserves the right to expel the Participant without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the Temple.
- The Organizer may require the Participant to take a drug or breathalyser test prior to or during a program, without prior notice or reason. If the Participant refuses to comply with the test, the Organizer reserves the right to deny them entry to the Temple and/or the program and/or expel them from the program immediately and without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the Temple.
- The Organiser is not liable for the injury, illness, or death of any Participant that may occur during or after the program. By participating in a program at the Pachamama Temple and accepting this Agreement, the Participant expresses full understanding of and responsibility for the risks that they may encounter during the trip and a program. The Participant absolves the Pachamama Temple, its owners, and employees of said responsibility. Any legal action taken against the Pachamama Temple will only take place in Peru under Peruvian Law.
- In the case of a medical emergency during a program, such as an intestinal infection, malaria, high fever, broken or damaged bones, snake bite, etc., the Participant will be accompanied to a medical facility in Pucallpa for treatment (by air ambulance in extreme cases).
- Costs for medical emergencies will be entirely the participant’s responsibility in case of reporting false or partial information during the screening process such as medical history, mental and physical health or failing to comply with the required drug, and pharmacological restrictions.
- The Organizer reserves the right to expel any guest without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the Temple.
- The participant agrees not to use cell phones to communicate with the outside world (calls, messages, social media, internet use, etc.) during their stay at the Temple unless for practical reasons or urgent duty. They agree to keep cell phones off or in airplane mode for the duration of the retreat.
- The Participant agrees to remain on The Organizer’s property for the entire duration of the retreat. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the retreat.
- Travel and Medical Insurance Requirement: It is strongly recommended for every participant to purchase flight and travel insurance to cover all contingencies and expenses, including potential medical costs incurred during the travel dates. Domestic health insurance will not suffice for this purpose.
- The Participant understands not to make any travel plans until the application has been approved and understands that the registration is not confirmed until the application has been reviewed and approved by the Temple and the deposit has been paid.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- Booking Confirmation and Payment: To confirm your retreat reservation, a deposit of 1$ will be charged upon sending the registration form. If the registration is approved (usually within 1-5 days), then your credit card will be automatically charged as follow:
- Retreat starts in more than 6 weeks: for the remaining 75% deposit of the total cost, and the remaining balance, automatically charged, for the outstanding balance 6 weeks prior to the start of the program, if it is not paid before then.
- Retreat starts in 6 weeks or less: for the full price of the program.
If the registration is not approved for any reason, the $1 will be refunded to your card.
- Cancellation and Rescheduling: Cancellation of a reservation can result in those forms of compensation
- 90% refund
- Personal credit: can be used within 2 years for another available retreat. Your deposit may be transferred also to a friend or family member.
According to following conditions dependent on the notice period given before the beginning of the program:
- more than 8 weeks: 90% refund or full amount on your personal credit.
- 8 weeks or less: 90% refund or full amount on your personal credit only in case your spot can be replaced, otherwise no refund or personal credit.
- within 48 hours or no-show: no refund or personal credit.
- Early Departures: In the event of a guest’s premature departure from the
Center before the end of their reserved stay, no refunds, whether full or partial, will be granted. All costs associated with transportation back to the city shall be borne by the departing guest.
- Cancellation of the retreat: In the unlikely event that the Temple is required to cancel a retreat for any reason, all retreat payments will be transferred to a personal credit that can be used within 3 years for any available date.